Drug CrimesStrategic Defense Designed for Positive Results
Fort Bend County Drug Crimes Attorney
Aggressive Defense Against Drug Crimes in Texas
Have you been arrested for a drug crime in Fort Bend County or Greater Houston? If so, you need to speak with a skilled and aggressive criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.
Without legal representation, you could face serious consequences. You deserve legal representation from a professional devoted to protecting your best interests. Texas prosecutes drug crimes harshly, so you should contact our Fort Bend criminal defense lawyer at The Sims Law Firm, PLLC, to begin fighting for your rights.
Have you been charged with a drug crime in Texas? Call The Sims Law Firm, PLLC, today at (713) 766-1445
or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our drug crimes lawyer in Fort Bend County!
Why Hire Our Drug Crime Lawyer?
Reasons, why you should hire our fort bend county drug crimes attorney, include:
- Experiences from prior satisfied former clients.
- We offer a free case consultation to clients and potential clients.
- We treat our clients with the dignity and respect they deserve.
- We have over a decade of legal experience.
- We provide an aggressive defense to protect our client's rights and freedoms fully.
- We pursue every avenue of defense possible and never leave a stone unturned.
- We utilize our former experience as a felony prosecutor to fight your charges.
- We perform our independent investigation to uncover any potentially favorable evidence for you.
- We will search for favorable case law that may support the assertion that your constitutional rights were violated by law enforcement.
- If talks with the prosecution do not ultimately lead to a dismissal or a satisfactory plea deal, vigorously defend yourself in a jury trial.
Drug Crimes in Texas
Drug crimes are one of the most common reasons for criminal arrests. When coupled with overzealous law enforcement officials, it is no wonder why our country has one of the highest prison rates in the world.
According to Texas law, all drugs are divided into four penalty groups. Penalty Group 1 includes cocaine, methamphetamine, and opioids. Penalty Group 2 includes ecstasy and PCP. Penalty Group 3 includes opioids not included in Penalty Group 1, while Penalty Group 4 includes opioids not included in Penalty Groups 1 and 3.
Common types of drug crimes include:
- Drug possession
- Drug possession with intent
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Drug sale and distribution
- Drug manufacturing
- Drug trafficking
What are the Penalties for Drug Crimes?
Depending on the type of drug, the quantity of the drug, and whether it was for personal use or being distributed to others, a person can be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony.
A criminal conviction for a drug crime can lead to serious consequences such as:
- Lengthy jail or prison sentence
- A criminal record
- Expensive fines
- Driver's license suspension
People who are convicted of a drug crime may have trouble finding employment, since many employers hesitate to hire someone with a criminal past.
Drug charges should never "stick" if you can show the prosecutor, judge or jury that your constitutional rights were violated prior to law enforcement seizing the drugs. Even if your constitutional rights were NOT violated, the government still must prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the drugs were in your possession.
What Happens if You Get Caught With Drugs and a Gun in Texas?
If you get caught with possession while armed, penalties may include 2-4 years in state prison and fines of up to $10,000. Penalties will be more serious depending on certain factors, such as:
- Type of firearm in your possession
- The type and amount of controlled substance possessed
- Whether or not another crime was in commission at the time of the arrest
Start Your Defense Today
If you have been accused of or arrested for a drug crime, our firm's Fort Bend criminal defense lawyer will defend you against the charges being made against you. When hiring a criminal defense lawyer to protect you against drug charges, your criminal defense attorney must have a vast knowledge of search and seizure law since these laws are constantly evolving.
Our Fort Bend County drug crime lawyer understands that you probably have many questions about your drug crime case and need immediate answers. This is why we proudly offer all our potential clients a free case evaluation. Know that The Sims Law Firm, PLLC is here for you.
Contact The Sims Law Firm, PLLC, today to schedule a FREE consultation with our drug crimes attorney in Albany!
Why Clients Trust The Sims Law Firm, PLLCSuccess Starts With Putting up a Fight
By hiring Fort Bend County truck accident lawyers from The Sims Law Firm, PLLC, you can rest assured that your case is in the best hands. Their Fort Bend County truck accident lawyers have years of experience and provide knowledgeable legal representation to Fort Bend County residents. They will work hard to ensure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you need for your Fort Bend County truck accident. Contact them today to get started on your case.
- Dismissed Felony Possession of Controlled Substance (OR 2-A >=4G<400G)
- Dismissed day of trial Felon in Possession of Firearm
- Dismissed Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child under the age of 14
- Dismissed Assault Causing Bodily Injury
- Not Guilty Verdict Assault Causing Bodily Injury
The Sims Law Firm, PLLC?
Attorney Brandon Sims Will Handle Your Case From Start to Finish
Over 15 Years of Exclusively Practicing Criminal Law
Experienced Former Prosecutor
Handled Over a Thousand Cases
Start Your DefenseDon't Wait to Protect Your Future
If you hesitate to hire an attorney, it may become more difficult to obtain favorable evidence and/or locate witnesses that can testify on your behalf. The sooner you contact The Sims Law Firm, PLLC the sooner we can discuss your charges and get started on your defense.
When you choose Attorney Brandon Sims, he will strategically anticipate and explain how the prosecution will present their case and plan accordingly in crafting your defense. Our firm believes that all individuals have the right to legal representation and that they are innocent until proven otherwise.
We are here to help you get through this difficult time. Don't wait to give our Fort Bend County criminal defense attorney a call at (713) 766-1445 to schedule your initial, confidential consultation.