Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Attorney
If you've been charged with a crime, choosing the right ally and advocate could make all the difference. Attorney Brandon Sims is a Fort Bend County attorney who combines genuine passion with extensive legal knowledge. He is dedicated to fighting for his clients' rights and knows what it takes to win.
Brandon began his career as a prosecutor with the District Attorney’s Office in 2007. In May 2013 he left the District Attorney's office and began working at a prominent criminal defense firm in the Greater Houston Area. It was here that he used all of his knowledge, understanding, and experience in the criminal justice system to defend individuals accused of criminal activity. Brandon found that he could be a zealous advocate for people going through the toughest circumstances of their lifetime.
Since his move from prosecutor to a criminal defense lawyer, Brandon has protected the rights of hundreds of individuals accused of all types of crimes. He has become extensively experienced in criminal defense for everything from misdemeanors to serious felony charges. He founded The Sims Law Firm, PLLC in 2014 where he uses his experience and passion. His firm is solely dedicated to defending the accused, making sure their voices and rights are protected in court.
The Sims Law Firm, PLLC routinely utilizes private investigators to obtain favorable evidence and witness statements to bolster the client’s defense in an attempt to level the playing field.
Our attorney's investigative work includes:
- Issuing subpoenas
- Requesting video and audio records
- Reading relevant written records
- Contacting witnesses who can help your defense
- Conducting all necessary and thorough legal research
- Locating favorable witnesses
- Obtaining favorable written/audio recorded statements
- Obtaining relevant records
As a criminal defense firm, we understand that each client entrusts us with their freedom. We understand the stakes cannot be any higher. Therefore, our firm strives to outwork the prosecution in every facet of the legal proceeding.
- Juris Doctorate - South Texas College of Law
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Government. - University of Texas at Austin
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Fort Bend County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Galveston County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Brandon is a native Houstonian and currently resides in Sugar Land, Texas with this wife, daughter, and son.